Wow, I haven't posted on this in the longest time. ANYWAYS. Well, I went to church today and it was an amazing mass. It's been a while since I've been to a mass and walked away amazed and I'm glad that my roommate asked me to go since I didn't even realize it was 10:44. The priest was talking to us about temptation today since it's the first sunday of lent and some of the stuff really got to me. Now, I have really bad memory so I can't really quote him and I actually forgot some of the things he said that I liked but bare with me. He was saying that it's wrong when people say "If it feels good, do it." One must try their hardest not to fall into temptation, because temptation is the work of the devil. Sining is acceptable within reason, but if someone is sining just because it "feels right" and they know what they're doing is wrong .. what is that?! I am guilty of doing this and I want to try as much as I can not to continue. I know that I'm not perfect and I can't be .. and I will make mistakes, but that doesn't mean that I have to give up trying to become a better person.
Another thing he said was that "God will never give up on you, so don't give up on yourself." I feel like in the past I have really done that, given up. And the thing that I wanted most in my life was a reassurance that the right person in my life wouldn't give up on me. That's why I can't trust people, that has always been my problem. Although now I know that I do have that person that I need in my life, and that person is God. <3 I need to stop falling into temptation and giving up hope on myself, I have the person I need in my life and it's about time I realized it.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment